How It Works
1) Interested parties over the age of 21 may apply to The Spectacular Seat by sending a 50 - 200 word e-mail detailing interest in the project. Applicants must include contact information, including e-mail and phone number. These communications will be made viewable on the Spectacular Seat Web site with all sender identification removed, to obscure the identity of applicants.
2) An Art Research Team representative will contact selected applicants for a phone interview. He or she will offer details and answer questions regarding the project.
3) The Art Research Team will select an applicant and alternates and offer the legal agreement to the chosen candidate. The selected participant must agree to its terms by reading and signing the contract.
4) The selected participant must agree to and attend a short video interview at a to-be-determined San Francisco, California location no less than two weeks before the event. This video will become part of the Spectacular Seat documentary Web site.
5) The selected participant must arrive at the "Keeping An Eye On Surveillance" exhibition opening party on September 10, 2011 at an agreed upon time.
6) The selected participant must perform the urination act as outlined in the agreement.
7) After successful and satisfactory completion of the act according to the agreement, the selected participant will receive a check for USD $250.00.
All applicants must be at least 21 years of age. You will be asked to verify your age with a valid state-issued identification card.